Monday, June 15, 2020

Law firms I must call out

This blog is dedicated to matters personal and religious, as a general rule. I am making an exception today.

I had served on the Board of NYCPA (New York City Paralegal Association) for a couple of years. However I no longer serve on the Board for a few reasons.
A I got married and Shalom Bayit or marital bliss and harmony is more important than monthly board meetings
B I want to dedicate my time to other things than rogue paralegals

A couple of law firms that I feel are worthy of scorn are Manning Kass et al and Pryor Cashman.

Manning Kass advertised a position at one point for an experienced paralegal however based on the subsequent conversation and “interview process” it was clear that they wanted a less experienced candidate with just enough experience. They wasted time and energy that a simple five to ten minute phone call would have solved. One of these individuals was on this recent board meeting.  He is the president of a sister chapter of NYCPA. They are a big fish in Los Angeles but here in New York they are a smaller fish at best. Professionalism is not their strong suit.

The other firm to call out is Pryor Cashman because two of their “former attorneys” threw Molotov cocktails at the Police the weekend after Memorial Day in the wake of the George Floyd death. While frustration is justified what these cretins did is abhorrent and worthy of life imprisonment or more.

How can any member of that firm, with a shred of decency work for that place. It’s unconscionable to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment