Monday, January 28, 2013

GOP Outreach- Ocean Shores ideal location

It's interesting to me that there was a conference called The Roanoke Conference, held this past weekend in Ocean Shores, Washington on the Pacific Ocean coastline. The point of this conference was for the Washington State GOP and Conservative groups to get together and figure out what went wrong in November.

It seems to me that while it's important to get away to reflect on what went wrong and what went right, the GOP brand nationally is damaged. One solution is to make inroads with non-whites and to set up shop in the urban areas. I advocate for this. One of the things that impressed me about McKenna was the fact that he had an office in the International District, not too far from Rainier Avenue. Unfortunately, there needs to be more of this done by the Republicans in Washington State.

The GOP in Washington State, as well as nationally, has to get out of comfortable places such as Ocean Shores, Bellevue, etc. and get down and dirty in the urban areas and fight for the urban vote. If the Democrats want to hold fancy retreats, let them. We have to focus on our problems first.

Unless someone can convince me that today's Democrats will stand up for Israel and the Jewish state, as well as for free enterprise and growing the economy, I can't support them honestly. I suppose I could fake my support for the Democrats, but where do we agree? Taxes, Social Issues, the Environment? Because many other Jews in Orthodox and Conservative synagogues vote Democrat?

I need a legitimate opposition party philosophically, not just me-too ism to get along and have cushy jobs and pay lip service to "Republican" ideals.


No comments:

Post a Comment