Monday, November 12, 2012

My political beliefs


I have voted Republican ever since I was old enough to vote, which was in 1992, when I was in college. I used to be more "socially conservative", now I'm socially moderate.

Here's what is important to me.

1) As a Jew, it is essential that America stands with Israel and supports it through thick and thin. Israel is surrounded by 20 countries who want to "drive it into the sea". The Republicans are more on Israel side than are the Democrats.

2) Fiscal reasons or budget. The Republicans are better about sticking to a budget than are the Democrats.

3) National Security and the Military: The Republicans back the military and the mission of the military and its' local National Guards to a much greater extent than the Democrats do.

4) Traditional values. While no party or human is perfect or even saintly, the Republicans in some fashion try to stick to traditional values. It isn't a great idea to shove same-sex marriage down regular folks' throats. If there are people who are attracted to members of their own gender, that's fine, but don't ask the rest of your society to foot the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment