Monday, October 10, 2011

Sports thoughts week of October 7-10

After finishing up with the Holiday of Yom Kippur, and the conclusion of the first round of the baseball playoffs, here are my thoughts.

1) Philadelphia choked, or was over-hyped and Charlie Manuel was out-managed by Tony LaRussa. How a team with four really good starting pitchers lost to the Cardinals is beyond me.

2) Jose Valverde is someone who reminds me of Jose Mesa, Mitch Williams and other good regular season closers, who is bound to blow a big save in the playoffs.

3) Stanford is really good, LSU and Alabama are good. The BCS Title game will be LSU and Oklahoma. Stanford will play Wisconsin or Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

4) Thom Brenneman is better than Joe Buck for football, IMHO. Fox Sports is quite annoying, and after watching the Seahawks beat the Giants, I felt like my IQ went down ten points.

5) Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are OVERRATED!! As a matter of fact, CBS Sports is a waste of time, too Northeast-centric for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment